Sunday 8 November 2009

Twilight Toast


I have just started the book Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. It's about teenagers and stuff and, ahum... vampires. I am also, simultaneously, watching True Blood for the gazillionths time. Also with vampires. Since when do I read or watch anything as silly as something with vampires?

Where is Dostojevski? The Upanishads? Healing Hands For Beginners? The Gnostic Gospels? New Perspectives on Austrians and WW2? Where is Lajos Egri, C. G. Jung and Eckhard Tolle?

I have a suspicion.

I think...
Oh boy.
I think I might have...
Maybe...
I am just saying maybe, it might not be the case at all...
I mean, I don't want to jinx it...
I might have started to learn how to...
How to...

How to enjoy myself.

This is scary stuff. Will this mean that I am just going to spend the rest of my life doing nothing but having a good time? Does this mean that I won't ever be ambitious again, you know, since I am having a perfectly good time anyway, in the very comfortable position of laying under a pink blanket on the sofa in my comfy-pants?

Relaxing and actually enjoying myself might prove to be the most dangerous thing I have ever done in my entire life! Gone my chances of becoming a successful writer. Blown away any chance I had of at least becoming enlightened and telling others all they do wrong in their life. Erased my chance of proving my... my... my Abilities, my Genius, my Inner Beauty and Sense Of Life And All Its Madness... you know...

Oh well. At least I have another fifty sequels to Twilight to look forward too.

Twilight Toast

3 pieces of quinoa bread
toast it
put avocado on it
soak it in olive oil
place a chunk of alfalfa sprouts on top
pour over herb salt

3 comments:

  1. It always struck me as a most peculiar detail that she is called or calls herself StephEnie. With „E“. Stephenie Meyer. As if to say: „you may think you know me, but you don‘t. I am special. And so are my books.“ More people should use that technique of irritation as a blueprint for having an intriguing bestseller-author name. Arthar Miller. Thomos Cook. Romuald McDonald. Paelo Caolho. Just think of the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AndEras... carolainie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie Meyer - Steven Moyer hmmm...

    ReplyDelete