Wednesday 16 September 2009

Oh My God Lentil Soup


I was sitting reading the new Oprah mag when this question popped up in my brain: If you only had one last soup to live, what would you do?

A lentil soup? My mothers fish soup? Something with truffle oil in it?

This question indeed got me thinking. I mean honestly, if one only had one soup to live? I must get more creative here. I bet I haven't yet discovered That soup. There are so many ingredients to try, Rhubarbs to taste, herbs to tickle the senses. I haven't really spread my wings yet at all! What about a Parmesan soup with saffron and lime? What about spicy African beans with coconut and cloves? What about all the soup out there that I haven't tried, that haven't even been yet invented? What have I done with all my life?

I cry for all the divine fumes of melting butter in a pan that I haven't inhaled. I cry for the beans, cheese, vegetables and spices that I haven't chopped and admired and loved and been loved by in return. I cry for all the pastes, thin soups, thick soups, broths and porridge that I have not made a part of me. Yet.

1/3 of a bag of lentils
yellow onion
2 pieces of garlic
cream

2 bay leaves
about 10 whole cloves
chili
vegan stock

Fry the chopped onions, garlic and chili in some olive oil. Pour in the lentils and stir. Pour in a liter of cooking water. Add vegan stock, bay leaves and cloves.

After about half an hour add the cream and cook for another few minutes.

DIVINE! I kept repeating in my head Oh my God! This is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment