Monday 7 September 2009

Red Pepper & Courgette Soup


I am just back in London after six weeks in Austria. As I went to see my pregnant friend yesterday, I realized I looked just as pregnant. And she is giving birth in one week. A food baby, clearly. Not that I regret a thing. Not the Schnitzel, the sausages or the chocolate cakes. And not the highly addictive Prückel Creme (espresso in a high glass topped up with a mountain of whipped cream...), the wines (oh, Gelber Muskateller from Lackner Tinnacher) or the occasional cigarillo.

BUT, now is the time to live a little more healthily again. Not for long, maybe, just enough for me to be able to eat LOADS of wonderful things now and then. I am starting my Soup-Time. Because I love soup.

Here the first day's soup:

2 courgettes
1 long red pepper
2 shallots

ginger
lime
vegan stock
sambal oelek

coriander and thyme

peel and cut everything

fry the shallots and the ginger for a few minutes, then put in the courgettes and the red pepper. Let fry for a little more, then put in 1 1/2 spoon of vegan stock and stir.

Pour over cooking water. After about five minutes drop in a half teaspoon of samba oelek. After another five, the veggies should be ready. Squeeze over half a lime, then mix with a hand mixer until the soup is smooth.

Serve with herbs, for example coriander and thyme.
And if you want to boost health, sprinkle over with seeds (I used Linwoods Sunflower, Pumpkin, Sesame Seeds & Goji Berries)

............................

It really tasted delicious. I have to say. I wanted to save some for tomorrow, but I just couldn't stop the soup addict. So I ate all. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment